What To Do During Puppy Fear Period
Now, if forced to interact with something that makes them uncomfortable, an adolescent may try to avoid first, but quickly may try to use their mouth or body to express themselves.
What to do during puppy fear period. Try not to make a big deal about the thing your dog is afraid of, but incorporate it into future training sessions. A fear period is therefore a stage during which the puppy or dog may be more apt to perceive certain stimuli threatening. End on a positive note with lots of treating/praising.
Because at this stage the owner may be dealing with a dog barking and lunging and pulling on the leash, this fear period has a bigger impact, causing the owner to worry about the dog's behavior. Try to control your own startle response to your dog's barking or lunging if possible. Have visitors toss good treats toward your puppy without approaching him or her.
In nature, during this time, puppies are getting out of the den and starting to explore the world around them. This helps a puppy feel more comfortable. If your puppy seems fearful of a new situation, forcing him into it is the worst thing to do.
A fear period is a time in your puppy’s life when frightening things can have a significant impact on their mental development. Try to avoid frightening the puppy during this time, since traumatic experiences can have an effect during this period. This may include things like being approached by a stranger, interacting with another dog who is not so polite (just one reason why you should probably keep your pup away from the dog park), hearing loud noises like fireworks , or experiencing other scary situations.
This is to do with the fear imprint period (see below) and teaching him impulse control. Do not force, punish or coddle your puppy if he exhibits fear. The picnic table is one example.
Frensley advises that you remain patient during these times and keep to a familiar routine. Fear should be handled with patience and kindness. It was in the newfoundland puppy’s environment all the time but in a fear period he became aware of it and decided it was scary.
- Australian Labradoodle Puppies Uk
- Australia Fires 2019 Koalas
- Australia Fires Today News
- Australian Shepherd Mix Puppies Mn
- Australian Labradoodle Puppies Florida
- Australian Labradoodle Puppies Michigan
- Australia Fires From Space 2020
- Australia Fires 2020 Size
- Australia Wild Animals List
- Australian Shepherd Husky Mix Puppies For Sale California
- Australia Fires Animals Saved
- Australia Fires From Space December 2019
- Australia Fires Today Sydney
- Australia Fires Animals Pictures
- Australian Shepherd Puppies Austin Texas
- Australia Fires Today Update
- Australia Dangerous Animals Map
- Australian Shepherd Mix Puppies Az
- Australia Fires 2019 Brisbane
- Australian Labradoodle Puppies For Sale In Ohio